It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can Data Warehouse db be changed without an RTC outage?

Donn Anderson (113) | asked Feb 17 '16, 1:24 p.m.
Hi,
We had an RTC instance configured to use RRDI at CLM version 5.  We recently upgraded to v6 and RRDI is not supported.

We have prepped a new DW database (we use db2) - can the DW db be changed on the CLM admin pages without having to restart RTC?  We use CCM, QM and RM so the changes would need to be made on all apps.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Feb 17 '16, 5:03 p.m.
It's not recommended, I'm sure,  but I've had to do this out of necessity as one CCM of several in a JTS pool was reading from the wrong data warehouse.  I made the change while that RTC was running, if memory serves. This came to my attention because RTC users were not seeing updates on reports and viewlets they were accustomed to receiving.  The DCC was pointing to the correct DW, but the RTC wasn't.

Your situation sounds more complex since RRDI is in the mix ( we have similar scenario, V5 suite and V6 on the horizon ).   But RRDI does not do any ETL those were formerly the responsibility of corresponding JTS, then the DCC.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.