It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to skip SQL version checking on upgrade from 4.0.3 to 5.0

Jens Lundgren (1612) | asked Jul 16 '14, 7:57 a.m.
edited Jul 17 '14, 3:47 a.m.
 Hello, 

Background:
We currently have a CLM 4.0.3 environment running on MSSQL2008. We would like to upgrade to CLM 5.0.
Unfortunately, the infrastructure team who are supposed to deliver a MSSQL2012 database-cluster, have fallen behind schedule and will most likely first be able to deliver in 4-5 weeks. We have gotten an 'OK' from support to run CLM 5.0 on the old database-cluster (MSSQL2008) as an unsupported solution until the new databasecluster is delivered. 

Our issue:
When we try to run the migration, it fails with a SQL server version verification step:
CRJAZ1256I SQL Server version 11.x is required but version "10.50.4286" was detected instead.
We have tried to uncomment:
set DEFINE=%DEFINE% -Dcom.ibm.team.osgi.patch.skipVersionChecking=true
in the repotools.bat file but to no avail. 
Is there any way we can skip the version checking or do we have to wait for the new database-cluster?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 17 '14, 2:55 a.m. | edited Jul 17 '14, 4:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Jens,

As you are apparently already in contact with support, I would suggest to get back to them and ask if this is somehow possible. I would assume the check is there for a reason and it might not possible. However, they have the contacts to ask.

Jens Lundgren commented Jul 17 '14, 3:51 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

Yes, we are in contact with support and they will try to deliver a solution.
I threw a 'hail mary' here on jazz.net in hopes that there was an easy way to get around the version verification. Thank you for the reply though!

Regards,
Jens

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 17 '14, 4:35 a.m.

Lets keep it open. Maybe someone else knows. If you get the solution, please answer that this was solved by support.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jens Lundgren (1612) | answered Jul 18 '14, 4:41 a.m.
So, the lab responded back today. 

For each application you wish to upgrade, append the teamserver.properties with the following two lines:

com.ibm.team.repository.db.override.versioncheck=true
com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.override.versioncheck=true

And run your migration! 
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 18 '14, 6:06 a.m.

Thanks Jens.

For others, please be aware you should check with support if this is feasible for your special case!

If you use this without involving support it could result in severe problems.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.