It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to see all the folders in the \HTTPServer\Plugins installation of the IHS.

Yash Doshi (11412) | asked Jul 11 '14, 7:33 a.m.
edited Jul 14 '14, 7:37 a.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12)

We have done a new installation of IHS 7 on our CLM server. When I see the installation package, inside the \IBM\HTTPServer\Plugins folder, there are just 3 sub-folders.

HTTPServer\Plugins\logs
HTTPServer\Plugins\properties
HTTPServer\Plugins\uninstall

However, there should be the below mentioned folders which should get installed when we install the HTTP Server in the HTTPServer\Plugins directory.

config
configuration
etc
gsk7
java
lafiles
lib
plugins
properties
roadmap

Any ideas as to why the other folders are not visible ?

PS: We have seen this behavior couple of times earlier as well, but we have not reported it.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 15 '14, 12:04 a.m.
First of all make sure that you have installed "Web server Plug-ins for IBM WebSphere Application Server" - this is an installation separate from the IHS base installation. If you have installed it, then take a look at /IBM/WebSphere/Plugins - the location seems to be changed for newer versions (correct for my WAS 8.5 installation).

Comments
Yash Doshi commented Jul 15 '14, 12:24 a.m.

Hi Donanld,

I am using IHS v7 and WAS v7.0.0.23. Are there any additional plugins to be installed for the earlier installations ?

Donald Nong commented Jul 15 '14, 2:39 a.m.

The plugin is a separate component ever since WAS 6.0, I think. So you will have to install something called "plugin". If you have multiple CDs/packages, check the supplement packages and see what you can install.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.