It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC project are configuration xml encoding

Marko Tomljenovic (31647109) | asked Jul 02 '14, 4:41 a.m.
edited Jul 02 '14, 4:43 a.m.
Hi,
the RTC configuration XML code has this top level entry that says that the content is UTF-8 encoded.
...xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ...

We have instantiated the JKE Banking example project with German locale. When browsing over the xml code I can see German "Umlaute" ä,ü,... that are not encoded with the proper UTF-8 code.

Example:
                <operation id="com.ibm.team.workitem.operation.workItemSave">                     <preconditions>                         <precondition xmlns="http://com.ibm.team.workitem/requiredProperties" description="Arbeitselemente müssen einer bestimmten Kategorie zugewiesen werden. Eine Zusammenfassung muss bereitgestellt werden, damit das Team schnell feststellen kann, wer für das Problem zuständig ist." id="com.ibm.team.workitem.advisor.requiredProperties" name="Erforderliche Eigenschaften">

Did I interprete sth wrong or is the encoding of the xml simply wrong declared? If so, which encoding is used here?

Kind regards, Marko

One answer

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945511) | answered Jul 02 '14, 6:55 a.m.
Hi Marko

I created a PA with German locale and verified the process configuration source.
For me, it shows UTF-8 only.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

So, for a Project Area with English(US) or German or Korean etc, all shows the character encoding as UTF-8 only.
So, maybe for you the character encoding is wrongly displayed.
You can also verify the machine locale.

Also, go through this forum discussion:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/69798/how-to-stop-rtc-from-converting-unicode-files-to-big-endian

If this answers your question please mark it as accepted.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.