It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Design Manager installation.

Don Max (241734) | asked Jun 25 '14, 12:30 p.m.
Hi,

I want to install Rational Design Manager(4.0.6) for publishing the models from Rhapsody (8.1) clients installed on Desktops. My current seupt is having JTS+CCM+ QM installed on a different server. My requirement is to install the Design Manager to a separate server(where i have installed DOORS + Doors Webacces) and register it to the JTS on the first server. i am using WAS server and Linux.

While installing DM , am getting options to choose packages like configuration management, change and configuration management, DM server, etc. I am really confused as what all package i should select for my setup.

Please suggest for insatll and configuration

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jun 25 '14, 3:58 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Don,

In order to run through the DM setup, you need to have the DM server and Configuration Management (VVC) applications installed.  Hope it helps,
Don Max selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Max commented Jun 26 '14, 6:44 a.m.
  • Thank you.

My  existing JTS setup is on Tomcat( i dont have LDAP server). If i install the DM in a seperate server with WAS and add to this JTS server. I believe the WAS will maintain my user database for DM server. any chance i can use the JTS user database for this DM server. ( i am planning to migrate the existing JTS setup w also to  WAS(not on the same machine where DM is installed.)
Am using DB2 installed on a separate server.

Thanks

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jun 26 '14, 8:13 a.m.

Hi Don,

If you want to be able to reuse your existing JTS setup, then do not install the JTS which comes with DM.
Like this you should be able to register DM and VVC with your existing JTS set up even if it is on a Tomcat server .
The migration of your JTS to WAS should not affect DM as long as the public URI remains the same.

Regards,
Francois

Don Max commented Jun 26 '14, 1:09 p.m.

Thank you

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.