It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report not exported to PDF properly on RTC 4.0.6 - Why?

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924559) | asked Jun 23 '14, 10:07 a.m.
I am using RTC 4.0.6 with a FF supported version.
I have a custom BIRT report that I want to export to *.pdf format...
If I have print the whole page to PDF (using the "File" menu in the web browser), the report is printed well:

However, If I used the "Export to PDF" out-of-the-box functionality shown in the Reports menu, the exported file is truncated and so the title of the report:

Is this expected behavior?

Thanks in advance!
Vicky

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 24 '14, 12:27 a.m. | edited Jun 24 '14, 3:21 a.m.

Hi, Vicky

The first thing to find out is if the truncate is custom BIRT report specific or not. You can check if any built-in Report in RTC would behave the same or not(I did a quick check here but could not see any similar problem). If the issue is only happening to the specific custom report, then you will need to check with the template and see if anything is wrong.
Another check point is to see if other type of export such as Excel and so on has the same problem or not. We see a problem in PDF export only(Excel and other export work fine)  when using the built-in template and font for non-English reports(missing characters in the PDF) and got an updated report related template from support to fix it.
If you see the problem in PDF only and against default Report, it is product related issue and you can contact support to get a fix.

Thanks

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino commented Jun 24 '14, 8:47 a.m.

Hi Don,
This is a test I performed on the out-of-the-box "Work Items by Owner" report.
This is how the report looks on web client:

BUT when I used the "Export to PDF" out-of-the-box functionality shown in the Reports menu, the exported file is truncated and the title of the report is gone:

Also, I tried exporting to Excel but the data doesn't seem to be properly exported...do you know which are the options I should select to export the data correctly?

Hope it helps!
Vicky

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino commented Jun 25 '14, 9:23 a.m.

Shall I raise a defect against Rational?
I don't know who else I can contact to.
Thanks and regards!
Vicky

Donald Nong commented Jun 26 '14, 5:22 a.m.

If you have not done so, please open a PMR with Support. You can use the SR or find out a phone number in this page.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Jun 24 '14, 8:56 p.m.
I did not check the graph and you are right that the graph seems to be truncated in PDF and Word. It seems to be ok in Powerpoint  but all have no title. Regarding truncated issue, I dont think it is normal. You may want to contact support to find out a resolution.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.