It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.5: Summary field is now kind of a HTML-field. However, was a generic text field in earlier versions

Markus Giacomuzzi (4559) | asked Feb 11 '14, 9:18 a.m.
I am wondering about the purpose of changing the Summary field type from a generic text field of earlier versions to a HTML field since 4.0.5.

contras:
- copy-paste pastes also the hyperlink to the summary. Does this make sense? Any benefits? In my opinion its just annoying and at least one step more of work since I often copy work item summaries from a pop-up window, which is by nature a hyperlink, into another summary. So I have to make sure to remove the hyperlink via a plain text editor
- hoovering over this summary tries to pop-up the retrieved information which delays the user as well

What was the idea behind this change?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Feb 11 '14, 12:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Markus,

For reasons and discussions, please start to look at Plan Item 267150 and its linked items. On that plan item in the Discussion Tab, comment #16 by Aaron Burns pick up your points exactly. I will take the liberty of mentioning your post there once I save this answer. Please feel free to add your own comments to the plan item to make sure development of enhanced rich ui experience in work items adds value for you to the overall solution.

Thanks for contributing.

If this answers your question, please mark it as accepted.

- Arne
Markus Giacomuzzi selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.