It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Requirement Composer Response time is very slow as compare RTC and RQM

Avtar Singh (177) | asked Jun 19 '14, 1:22 a.m.
Dear All,

We have CLM 4.0.1(RRC+RTC+RQM) at our site. All applications deployed on single server.

During use of all three application we found one issue that response time of Rational Requirement Composer is more than other two applications(RTC & RQM). I mean to say in simple language RRC is slower than RTC and RQM.

Can anybody help us out to identify the issue and solution.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,
Avtar Singh

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jun 19 '14, 6:11 a.m.

Performance issue can be quite complicated. Please open a ticket with IBM Support so that the system configuration can be reviewed and data collection can be appropriately carried out.

Avtar Singh commented Jun 24 '14, 1:29 a.m.

Hi Donald,
I have already raised the PMR to IBM for support but till the time I did not get my issue resolved.

Thanks & Regards,
Avtar Singh

One answer

permanent link
Paul Ellis (1.3k613) | answered Jun 20 '14, 10:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 20 '14, 10:24 a.m.
Hi Avtar,

I agree with Donald, but the main difference between those applications is the use of the indices.  Rational Requirements Composer is very dependent on the disk speed of the machine and the available RAM.  If you're seeing poor performance in only 1 of the 3 applications, then it is less likely to be threads; JVM heap etc...although I am not ruling it out.

There are many dependencies, but the most basic monitoring would be on the available RAM (RRC caches the indices, so basic rule of thumb would be to have at least the size of your indices <JAZZ_HOME>\server\conf\jts\indices on disk available as RAM).  Then also check your disk speed and ensure you're not using slow disks or NFS mounted drives.

My colleague Ben Silverman wrote this excellent article in the deployment wiki which you will find very useful:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMServerMonitoringGeneral

Kind regards.
Paul

Comments
Avtar Singh commented Jun 24 '14, 1:30 a.m.

Hi Paul,

First of all thank you so much for meaning full information.

Let me go through with Link shared by you and then I will try changes on server if required.

Thanks & Regards,
Avtar Singh

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.