It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to stop email notifications once a work item is closed?

Shai Millen-EL (877) | asked Jun 10 '14, 9:52 a.m.
The system is sending out a number of emails for work item approval on tasks that have already been closed (some that have been closed for months). That said, does any one know how to disable email notifications for closed work items? An ideal situation would be to have the email notifications start back up if the work item is reopened. 

Comments
Shai Millen-EL commented Jun 10 '14, 9:53 a.m. | edited Jun 10 '14, 9:53 a.m.

FYI I am using RTC 4.0.4

sam detweiler commented Jun 10 '14, 10:43 a.m.

wouldn't you want someone to know that some change has been made to a closed item (maybe incorrectly?)  in on e of my prior companies, you could re-open a workitem for 90 days after it was resolved.  after that you had to open a new workitem.   but you could comment in the old one anyhow.

Shai Millen-EL commented Jun 10 '14, 1:00 p.m.

@Sam: In our environment once a work item is closed it is read-only and only CM has the ability to reopen the work item.

sam detweiler commented Jun 10 '14, 1:05 p.m.

got it.. thanks for the info.  As Ralph mentions currently this is not the RTC design.
each subscriber/owner/creator/ gets the configured messages regardless of state.
(except brand new, when nothing is sent)

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 10 '14, 10:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To my knowledge there is no built in mechanism to achieve this today. An individual user can configure what is desired from these options:

If you want a different behavior, you would have to write your own notifier.

Comments
Shai Millen-EL commented Jun 10 '14, 1:03 p.m.

Yes, this (writing my own notifier) is the route I would like to take. Do you know how I would go about doing this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.