It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using the build viewlet and build categorization

Amir Bar-or (1513026) | asked Apr 16 '09, 9:57 a.m.
We have different WAS profiles that runs our applications (dev, QA, etc) , and we have build definitions for each profile that build and run our regression tests.

I wanted to create viewlet that shows for each profile the latest results for all the build types only for that profile. However the only categorization that build definition have is team areas and the build viewlet does not allow you to select build definitions or any other filtering not base on team area.

Is there a way to customize the viewlet or use something else that can help me achieve this goal?

One answer

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Apr 16 '09, 2:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Amir,

Unfortunately there's no way to do this with the current viewlet, but there is a work item open to improve this viewlet. I'm not sure if it will be implemented for RTC 2.0 or not:
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/60557

Alternatively, there is a new Builds page in RTC 2.0 where you can isolate builds from a specific definition to see a list.

For 1.x, I believe the only way to get this type of filtered listing is from the Builds view in the RTC rich client.

Thanks,
Curtis

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.