It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Hang on reinstall of RTC Client

Adam Coulthard (1322116) | asked Aug 19 '09, 12:37 p.m.
Hi

I hit a problem with my RTC install and it appeared to have lost some plugins, no idea how. I had installed the BIRT plugins to the eclipse environment so thought that might have been the cause.

Anyway due to having no idea how to fix the problem I decided to just uninstall and reinstall RTC. Unfortunately this looks to have made things worse. The uninstall appeared to complete successfully from the IBM installation manager, but when I attempted to reinstall rtc using a refresh download of the client code, it just hangs during installation with the message above the progress bar of:

Installing.: Complete for eclipse

Not sure what that means, but I can see an eclipse.exe process that is not doing alot in the background. I assume its waiting to for this to do something.

Is there any way of fixing this problem? Or somewhere that I can look to see what its doing.

Cheers Adam

One answer

permanent link
Adam Coulthard (1322116) | answered Aug 20 '09, 6:47 a.m.
Hi

I hit a problem with my RTC install and it appeared to have lost some plugins, no idea how. I had installed the BIRT plugins to the eclipse environment so thought that might have been the cause.

Anyway due to having no idea how to fix the problem I decided to just uninstall and reinstall RTC. Unfortunately this looks to have made things worse. The uninstall appeared to complete successfully from the IBM installation manager, but when I attempted to reinstall rtc using a refresh download of the client code, it just hangs during installation with the message above the progress bar of:

Installing.: Complete for eclipse

Not sure what that means, but I can see an eclipse.exe process that is not doing alot in the background. I assume its waiting to for this to do something.

Is there any way of fixing this problem? Or somewhere that I can look to see what its doing.

Cheers Adam

Just incase anyone else has this problem a reboot seemed to do the trick. I suspect that before this my computer was so busy running over software that it just slowed the installer down so much that it looked like it had hung but it was still installing ok.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.