It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't share project that is listed as "not shared"

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Jun 02 '14, 6:19 p.m.
I have a bit of an issue with a 4.0.5 eclipse client.

I have a project which when I look at the Properties of the project, under Jazz Source Control it says "Provider: This resource is not shared".

However, when I right-click and look at Team, it does not allow me to Share project ... the items in the list are all things that you would do if Shared (deliver, check in).

How can I get this project "fixed" so I can share it?

Thanks

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jun 02 '14, 6:25 p.m.

Back it up. Export to zip.  Delete, incl files. Import again. 

Susan Hanson commented Jun 02 '14, 8:21 p.m.

Thanks, I was hoping there was something a bit easier :-)

Susan Hanson commented Jun 02 '14, 10:07 p.m.

Okay, I tried to backup, delete project, import again.  Now I have the Share Projects choice, but I get an error:

Folder c:\rtc40Dev\workspace\MyParticipant is being shared into MyComponent which also has content in sandbox C:\rtc405\workspace.

The rtc405\workspace is an old workspace, and if I look in there, I don't have MyParticipant in the Package Explorer, nor do I find it in Windows Explorer in that directory.  So for some reason, my new RTC workspace thinks it is in my old workspace but I can't find it in my old workspace to in any way remove it.

Tim Mok commented Jun 03 '14, 9:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

That message is telling you that you are trying to share content into a component that is already loaded in another location. It's trying to tell you that you can't share the content because it exists in a different location than where the component is already loaded.

You could move it to the same location as where the content is already loaded or unload the component and then share your project.

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 02 '14, 10:13 p.m.
 if you restore this project to the old rtc workspace, can u do something there to clean it up? 

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Jun 03 '14, 5:46 a.m.

Yea, that is the weird one .. this was never in that old project.  The problem may stem from the fact that I had attempted to copy an existing project to create the new one (since the code was very similar) instead of New -> Project.  So far my only option looks to be creating a new project and then copying the source files in.

sam detweiler commented Jun 03 '14, 7:45 a.m.

Isn't that ths same as import and rename? 

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jun 03 '14, 9:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It sounds like the project was shared at some point but has lost connection to the repository where it was shared or the repository workspace it was connected to was deleted. I would have disconnected the project and shared it again.

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Jun 03 '14, 10:03 a.m.
Okay, I finally figured this one out.  It wasn't the "project" per se, it was the Component itself.  The component (Participants) was "loaded" in the prior workspace even though this project was not.  Once I unloaded that component in the old workspace, things were fine.

Thanks everybody for your pointers .. it got me at least into the right place!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.