It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

necessary conditions for execution trend report

Silvia Mesturino (1162429) | asked May 30 '14, 8:27 a.m.
I have read through most commenst given previously and cannot find the answer to our problem.
We have a project are in which many test plans are not listed in the options of the available test plans for 'execution trend report'.
I have verified that the plans were created before May 22, 2014 and all collection jobs have run successfully so far.
I have seen that there are test schedule entries (Planned start and planned end date entries) in the test plans
The execution results are completed during the duration of the schedule.
The TERs are associated with the appropriate Test Plan and milestone.
What else could be wrong ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 01 '14, 2:24 a.m.
From the Execution Trend report, it says:
==
Displays the actual test execution progress against the planned progress. This report uses weight to determine how much work is complete, how much work is left, and whether progress is being made as expected.
This is a data warehouse based report so make sure that the data collection jobs have been run successfully.
Make sure there is valid data in the test schedules of the test plan.
Make sure the TCERs are associated with the test plan and test milestone(s) in the report.
The days behind or ahead of schedule information is based on the date of the last data collection job.
==
It suggests the conditions for this report. From your description, it looks to me you have made all required conditions.
If your question is why "many test plans are not listed in the options of the available test plans for 'execution trend report'.", then the conditions of this report wont matter here. If I created a new test plan without doing anything, after running data collection jobs, I will be able to see the test plan available in the Test Plan section of this report, although the result of selecting this test plan wont provide anything for this report.

So you may create a new test plan and run the etl jobs and see whether they are successful(make sure all jobs for QM are selected and executed). If the test plan is not in the TestPlan section of this report, you may want to check with qm.log and qm-etl.log and see if there is anything wrong in the logs when etl jobs were executed.

Silvia Mesturino selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.