It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Assign automatic approval to defect and work item

Mardon Anchuvas (645) | asked May 28 '14, 11:47 a.m.
Is it possible to have automatic assigning of approval after selecting a specific attribute in test artifact (i.e test plan, test case) or work item? For example in Test Plan, when Action = Ready for Review, Formal Review will be auto-populated with specific person.
Product version is 4.0.5.

4 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 28 '14, 11:55 a.m.
there is nothing out of the box that creates and  assigns approvals to users.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 28 '14, 11:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You could approach this as described here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/a-create-approval-work-item-save-participant/ you would have to consider how you want to populate this. The blog has more posts around e.g. roles.

Comments
sam detweiler commented May 28 '14, 11:57 a.m.

Correct.. for my last customer I created a plugin that created approvals and did assignments based on  configuration.

Ralph Schoon commented May 28 '14, 12:03 p.m.

I should have mentioned that state change is only one possible trigger. You could also look for attribute changes to a specific value.

Mardon Anchuvas commented May 28 '14, 5:56 p.m.

Hi Sam, where did you get the plugin? If you can provide info regarding this, that would also be helpful.

sam detweiler commented May 28 '14, 9:26 p.m.

I took Ralph's sample in the blog, and extended it to take configuration records, and provide both user and role based approval 'injection'. For role I provided different approaches, because you could have multiple users with the same role.

First
Random
All
And balanced (user with least outstanding approvals, or first if they are all equal)

The config is any state transition (from->to), for any workitem type, create a specific kind of approval with a specific label assigned to a user or member(s) of a role.

Note that this is state transition only, not using any other field info. 

permanent link
Mardon Anchuvas (645) | answered May 28 '14, 3:41 p.m.
Thanks for all the response these are great article :) can this approach be also applicable in RQM?

Comments
sam detweiler commented May 28 '14, 9:27 p.m.

Far as I know, this extension capability only works for RTC.  

permanent link
Mardon Anchuvas (645) | answered Jun 03 '14, 12:45 p.m.
Is there any extension capability just like this one that fits to RQM?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 10 '14, 5:24 a.m. | edited Jun 10 '14, 5:25 a.m.

The RQM work item part shares the code of the RTC work item part. In the past, you could have extended RQM with a custom extension with code like in RTC (for the shared work item part).
At some time it was no longer possible to connect with the Eclipse client to RQM, which makes configuring of the operational behavior impossible. I just tried 4.0.6 and could use the Eclipse client to connect.

To develop such an extension I would suggest to use RTC, the SDK and Jetty. After it is working, you would have to deploy to the QM application and not the CCM application.

I can't guarantee, that this will work however. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.