It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Display error in Design Management 4.0.5: stereotype in german language

Christian Kunz (824) | asked May 27 '14, 4:10 a.m.
 Hello,

we are using Design Management 4.0.5 and Rational Software Architect 8.5

I have imported models that were created in RSA to the Design Management server. Everything now works fine, except one little Exception: One stereotpye term is displayed in german language in DM. The element that is displayed wrong is of type "UML-StructuredActivityNode". In the diagram it should be displayed as "<<structured>> ...". In RSA it is displayed correct. In DM it is displayed with german language: "<<strukturiert>>".

All other classes, stereotypes are displayed correct with english language.
The whole DM server is installed with english language. Everything (menus, text, etc.) is displayed correct in english language. 

Is there a way to fix that?

Best regards 
Christian

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented May 27 '14, 4:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sounds like a defect - I would raise it directly with support (but please tell us how you fixed it afterwards :-)

anthony

Francois-xavier Panaget commented May 27 '14, 4:29 a.m.

Hi Christian,

Yes please open a support ticket so we can have a further look which via the forum can be challenging.

Thanks
François.

One answer

permanent link
Christian Kunz (824) | answered May 28 '14, 7:54 a.m.
edited May 28 '14, 8:00 a.m.
Hello,
IBM provided a solution to solve this problem:

If you are using Tomcat, then you can :

1. stop the server
2. go to the <DM_install_dir>\server\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\rsadm\eclipse\configuration(for example by default on Windows: C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\rsadm\eclipse\configuration)
3. edit the config.ini file (make a copy before) 
4. add at the end of the file the following:

osgi.nl=en_US

5. save the file
6. restart the server
7. reimport your model

That worked fine for me. Now everything is displayed in english. I didn´t even needed to re-import the model. Just a restart of the server was needed.

Best regards
Christian

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.