It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelImporter creates section "XLSArtifactID" when importing Test Plans. How can I avoid this?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked May 21 '14, 9:30 a.m.

I am using RQM 4.0.3 and when I import a Test Plan with the Excel import tool and use the testplan.XLSArtifactID="Test Plan Name" command to assign a re-usabile External ID, it adds the new section XLSArtifactID to the bottom of the Test Plan in the Web UI.

How can I avoid this from happening?

I have read in some other posts that the XLSArtifactID section should not be visibile in the web UI, but this is not the case.



Lily Wang commented May 21 '14, 11:33 p.m.

Hi Andrew,
Why do you need to import Test Plan with an existing external ID?
Could you share the cfg file you used?

Andrew Trobec commented May 22 '14, 2:10 a.m.


Hello Lily,
The following script will create a Test Plan > Test Case > Test Script hierarcny:
I want to assign an ID to the Test Plan so I can add Test Cases to it in multiple imports.

Andrew Trobec commented May 22 '14, 2:15 a.m.


I'd also like to add that the creation of the section XLSArtifactID also happens with the Test Case.  The above script will avoid that issue by taking the values assigned to the Test Script as well.  If I were to add the line:
testcase.XLSArtifactID = C
Then the section would be visible in the WebUI as well.  It's not just limited to Test Plans.

Lily Wang commented May 22 '14, 3:51 a.m.

From the first cfg file you provided, I don't see any problem.
But you mentioned you used testplan.XLSArtifactID="Test Plan Name" to add more test case to the test plan. What's the entire cfg file for it?

BTW, similar issue reported before:
which were fixed due to incorrect configuration file.

Andrew Trobec commented May 22 '14, 5:10 a.m.


The config file works, but the only problem is that it adds a section called "XLSArtifactID" to the Test Plan, even though it shouldn't.  If I don't include the line
then the Test Plan gets assigned a generic ID and I lose the possibility of assigning new Test Cases to it through successive imports.  My reference to the line
testplan.XLSArtifactID="Test Plan Name"
was just to highlight the fact that I am assigning the ID.  In my actual script I am using a cell reference A2.

Andrew Trobec commented May 22 '14, 5:11 a.m.


I took a look at the links that you provided, but they don't solve my problem unfortunately.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Accepted answer

permanent link
Diane Everitt (27835) | answered May 22 '14, 3:03 p.m.
Hello Andrew,

This appears to be a known defect and is fixed in version 4.0.4:

I realize the title of the defect specifies test case, but it appears to be the same problem with all test artifacts.

Please review the defect description.  I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Andrew Trobec selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.