It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ram login failure as a result account locks

Vijay Reddy Gaddam (563041) | asked May 21 '14, 9:27 a.m.
edited Mar 17 '15, 8:03 a.m.
 Hi,

RAM with Version=> 7.5.1.1
Build ID=> RAM7511-I20120320_1046
Using RAM plugin with version in RAD 8.0.4=> Rational Asset Manager Eclipse RTC 3.0 client integration 7.5.11.v20120124_0002.

Now when i try to login to RAM using RAM Eclipse client plugin from RAD with single wrong password attempt, then my user account is geeting locked in LDAP(no of attempts to lock account with wrong attempts  = 3).

1. How attempts does the eclipse client's RAM plugin tries to login to RAM with wrong password?
2. What can be the work around for this situation?

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay.

2 answers

permanent link
Lin Lu (3063) | answered May 21 '14, 11:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

By default, ram client will try THREE times to login. As to your case, I think you may need to uncheck "automatically log in at startup" box in repository connection dialog.

Comments
Vijay Reddy Gaddam commented May 26 '14, 2:46 a.m. | edited May 26 '14, 2:46 a.m.

Hi,

I have already unchecked the option "automatically log in at startup".  But still the problem exists

Process followed by me when the account is locked:
1. Provided the wrong password in the RAM client.
2. Click Refresh the button available in the right top corner. Then your account will be locked.

Is there any fix for this?
What can be the solution for this?

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay Reddy.

Lin Lu commented May 26 '14, 3:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Locking account is a setting from LDAP. I am afraid there is nothing more rich client could do.

Vijay Reddy Gaddam commented May 26 '14, 7:46 a.m.

Hi Lin Lu,

Thank you for your support.
Can't we change (or Is there any option to) the number of attempts that ram client try to login i.e., decrease the number of attempts? (By default it is THREE right(from early reply by you))

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay Reddy.

Vijay Reddy Gaddam commented May 27 '14, 4:52 a.m.

Hi Lin,

Any information on above question?

Regards,
Vijay Reddy.

permanent link
Roy yu (411) | answered May 04 '15, 2:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vijay,
             Login three times is the design, although i don't know why. It's hard-coded so you cannot decrease the number of attempts manually. I suggest that you raise a RFE and clarify why logging three times bothers you. Then the L3 team can verify if there is a solution to it.

Thanks,
Roy

Comments
Vijay Reddy Gaddam commented May 04 '15, 8:55 a.m. | edited May 04 '15, 8:57 a.m.

Thank you Roy for the information. It's not about logging three times but its about attempt from plugin to try threee times to login for single wrong password login. It's making to lock the account in LDAP as we are having a restriction to 3 login failure attempts

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.