It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to link existing test cases to an existing test plan?

YATISH BHANDARI (1735) | asked May 20 '14, 9:17 p.m.
Hello,

We executed about 1500 test cases without really creating a test plan. So all the test cases(TER's) are orphans and are not tied to any test plans. Thus, we are not able to leverage any delivered reports..
So the question is - I have created a test plan and was attempting to associate one test case manually to the test plan, but was not able to find any place where I could do so.
1. How do I associate 1 test case to a test plan manually?
2. Is there an easier way to do this? Note that we have already loaded and executed the test scripts in the test case, so not sure if the excel utility can still be used or not.

Please let me know.

Thank you for all the help,
Yatish.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered May 21 '14, 3:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Yatish,

I am not sure if I understood your requirement correctly. But from what I understood you can associate TestCases or TestCaseExecutionRecords(TERs) in a TestPlan from the TestCases and TestCaseExecutionRecords section of TestPlan editor. Please refer the screenshot attached below. I am assuming that the word 'manually' means from 'RQM UI'

TestCases and TCER sections of TestPlan editor
YATISH BHANDARI selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
YATISH BHANDARI commented Jun 17 '14, 8:17 p.m.

Thank You! So Silly of me...didnt notice the Add icon.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.