It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM - viewing child test plan results from master

Randall Siebert (1155) | asked Jul 26 '12, 6:01 p.m.

I am attempting to determine whether the master-child test plan structure will be useful in our testing.

I can see how it could be used to inherit requirements and test cases, but is a master test plan aware of the test results that are reported against a child test plan?

If this is not possible then I am unsure how useful the relationship will truly be.

Thanks for your feedback!

One answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jul 27 '12, 7:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Randall,
Child plan's test result will not report to parent test plan. What is your goal for using parent child test plan besides hierarchical relationship?

Comments
Randall Siebert commented Jul 31 '12, 12:12 p.m.

Pradmod,

We had intended to use child test plans to provide finer granularity to our testing. We might have a master plan for security testing and child plans that focus on specific areas.So I guess this is hierarchy.

But if we cannot go to our secrity test plan and see all of the results of testing in the child plans I am not sure it has much value.

can you tell me what Rational viewed as the intended use for master-child test plans if one cannot see results?

Randy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.