It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exporting the contents of an uploaded attachment into PDF when RQM test plan is exported to a PDF document

Kathirvel S (1056) | asked Nov 15 '13, 2:29 a.m.

Hi - In RQM , there is an option to export the contents of a test plan to a PDF document.While exporting the attachments section details , only the link of the attachment is getting exported to a PDF document but not the actual content of that particular attachment uploaded into the test plan.

For example , if I have uploaded a .jpeg image to a test plan and if I export this test plan to a PDF document , it is only exporting the link of this uploaded .jpeg image to the PDF document and not the actual image.Is it possible to export the content of the uploaded attachment to PDF document along with the other section details of a test plan?Please advise.Thanks.

Regards,

Kathirvel.S

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Nov 15 '13, 7:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Kathirvel,

The PDF export should display the attachment files, but not the actual content of the attachments.  Please see the following defect.

Defect 61126 PDF Export: attachments that are not directly entered into the attachments section do not appear there
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=61126

In comment 1, it states:
"Please note that we do not put the contents of an attachment into a PDF document.  The intended behavior is that you should see a list of names and file sizes.  The names are hyperlinks which allow you to download the associated attachment."
I hope this answers your question.
Kathirvel S selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kathirvel S commented Nov 19 '13, 5:15 a.m.

Perfect Answer.Thanks Erica for the response and update. I am clear now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.