It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Story Points of Child (Epics/Stories) and Parent (Epic/Stories)

swapna das (3324571) | asked May 16 '14, 3:32 a.m.

Hi,

We aare using RTc 4.0.6. When we have Child Stories under an Epic, and if we define the Story Points for Child Planning Items (Epics/Stories), The Story Point of Parent Plan Item is not auto populated. The Story Points are added when we hover over the Parent Plan Item, but not displayed in the Plan View.

Thanks,

Swapna Das

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 16 '14, 4:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Not sure I understand the question (it is also rather a statement).

As far as I can tell, if you have a hierarchy of Plan Items (checked in the Work Item Type Categorization in planning process configuration) this is what you should expect:

If a work item type has no complexity attribute (epic) the plan will accumulate the complexities of the child work items that are in the plan scope and display the calculated accumulation value in the plan. This is not a work item attribute and only dynamically available in the plan view.
If a work item has a complexity attribute, the complexity attribute has to be manually set and it is not automatically calculated from its children. The plan will however accumulate the complexities of the child work items that are in the plan scope and display the calculated accumulation value in the plan. This is not a work item attribute and only dynamically available in the plan view.

So I think, what you see is what you should expect to see.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.