It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add Server Domain in RTC 3.0.1

Ramón Cao (857) | asked Jun 17 '13, 5:25 a.m.
I've a team concert server (RTC 3.0.1) with a non friendly url ofr the user (rtc.domain.com:9443) and i don't know if is possible to add a domain like rtc.namecompany.com in WAS server.

I've readed something about it is not possible in RTC server but I don't know if is possible in the WAS server.

Thanks and regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Jun 17 '13, 5:59 a.m.
Hi Ramon,
1. Since RTC 4 it is possible to rename public URI: https://jazz.net/library/article/1081
2. If you are not going to migrate to RTC 4, you can simply add mapping to your dns server.

Let us know if it helped for you.
Best regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk
Ramón Cao selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ramón Cao commented Jun 17 '13, 9:45 a.m. | edited Jun 17 '13, 10:04 a.m.

Hy Krzysztof,

First of all thank you for your response.
One question more about use DNS, when I navigate using web client, which  uri is show it when I click one link?

Do you recommend add domain uri or could be a problem?

Regards,
Ramón

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jun 17 '13, 10:04 a.m.

Hi Ramon,
There will be shown link to the entry set as public uri. If you want to see the uri in nicer form than you have already, then you need to consider changing public uri.

2 other answers

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jun 17 '13, 10:12 a.m.
Hello  Ramón,
For a new install of RTC where the public uri has not been set yet, the following options are available
1. When setting up WebSphere, there is the option during profile creation to set the transports to use the  hostname/port of your choice
1a.Or if the profile is already created, then  you should be able to modify the host:port that the server instance is listening on
2. Use a proxy server in front of the appserver
https://jazz.net/library/article/745/#mozTocId438966 1

permanent link
Ramón Cao (857) | answered Jun 17 '13, 11:11 a.m.

Hi Krzysztof and Abraham,

Thanks for yours responses.

I leave this task with migration to version 4

Best Regards,

Ramón Cao

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.