It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Running Word Macros with RRDG via RRC parameters

June Boston (1943038) | asked May 12 '14, 8:19 p.m.
 Hello,

We wish to run a Word macro after generating a report with RRDG from RRC.  According to the documentation here, there is a parameter that can be used to specify a macro if Word and said macro are installed on the server.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCCustomRRDGReportsConfigurations#Supported_parameters

The parameter is isMacroname, but I cannot get it to successfully run a macro.  I have Word installed and a test macro established, along with a working RPE report.  I have tried doing various combinations of descriptions and values, but have not been able to get it working.

Has anyone successfully triggered a Word macro from RRC/RRDG, or used another parameter function that might give me a clue?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered May 13 '14, 12:35 a.m.
Is it prompting for the macro name? If so, you may need to have the macro in the Word template (having the same name as the .dta file you are using).
June Boston selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
June Boston commented May 13 '14, 3:43 p.m.

That was my mistake; I had the macros in the global template instead of a specific one. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.