It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Right formum for Beta2 ? Requirement turns into defect

Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | asked Apr 08 '09, 3:52 p.m.
I'm running the beta 2 version of RQM - I selected to create a new requirement which opened up the requirement work item. I completed various fields, but DID NOT save ... click on the links tab to populate, and the requirement goes into an unsaved state on the navigator and a new defect workitem is opened ...

I cannot retrieve the requirement I was working on from the navigator and the save option associated with it opens a new defect.

3 answers

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Apr 08 '09, 7:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Wow, that's a strange one -- but I can see it too! Yes this is the right forum, and I have asked the Developer to take a look. Thanks.

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Apr 09 '09, 4:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi. We have submitted this as a defect. I also noticed that if I save the Requirement the first time (without going to the Links tab), then I can go back in, go to the Links tab, and edit it without a problem.

permanent link
Alka Bahirat (36177) | answered May 20 '09, 4:40 a.m.
Hi all,

This kind of behaviour is even observed when we try to add new requirement from TestPlan section. A defect screen is displayed when you click on 'Add New Requirement'link in Requirement section of the testplan.In this case we need to select Requirement in the 'Type' dropdown under Details.

Thnks
Alka

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.