It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

import test execution record for certain test case using RQM excel import tool

Giang Pham (3122) | asked Mar 28 '13, 12:58 a.m.
Hi, I'm trying to import a test Execution record for a test case (Which was already created in RQM).  My Question is How do I link the test Execution Record to a test case during the import?

Assume I want my execution record link to a test case name "MyTest" and this string locate in A1 of the excel spreadsheet.

My cfg file look like this:

executionworkitem.XLSStartRow=1
executionworkitem.dc:title=I
executionworkitem.alm:owner=H
executionworkitem.dc:description=D2
executionworkitem.testcase=A1

I keep getting Internal error (500).  And I looked at the log file  AppData\Roaming\Mso2Rqm it has the following message:

"Internal server error</ns2:message><ns2:trace>com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Testcase is required for creating TER
    at com.ibm.rqm.execution.service.internal.rest.TestcaseExecutionRecordRestService.helperPostWorkItem(TestcaseExecutionRecordRestService.java:1166)
    at com.ibm.rqm.execution.service.internal.rest.TestcaseExecutionRecordRestService.postWorkItemEx(TestcaseExecutionRecordRestService.java:1155)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2151.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
"

The error message is long I just posted part of it.  I just wonder if the way I specified the test case is wrong.  I have seen some post that use XLSArtifactID  for the testcase value, but I don't have XLSArtifactID for my testcase.  Would anybody please help me on this.  Thanks

Comments
Giang Pham commented Mar 28 '13, 2:06 p.m.

Hi, Hao.  thanks for the response.  But look like I still have problem with using the internal ID,  how do you get the ID, is it the one that pop up next to Name of the test case name.  for example if my test case name is "MYTEST".  When I click to on the test case it show in the name  8888:MYTEST.  Is 8888 the id that i have to use.

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Mar 28 '13, 1:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Giang,
you can check the id of the testcase you want to link to the executionworkitem and using link() modifier.
executionworkitem.testcase=Link("testcase internal/external id")

Internal ID
Numerical ID unique for the resource within a Rational Quality Manager server. For many resources, these IDs are shown in Rational Quality Manager. When using an internal ID in the Reportable REST API to refer to a resource, the ID MUST be prepended by urn:com.ibm.rqm: <resource>: . For example, a test case internal ID would be "urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:9". Note, an Internal ID should NEVER be used when doing a PUT to create a new resource, since the resource is assumed to exist and updated or an error is returned if the resource is not found.

External ID
A unique ID provided by the user when creating a new resource with a PUT. Resources created in the Rational Quality Manager UI will not have external IDs. An external ID can contain any characters allowed in a URI (reserved characters except the '/' character MUST be URL encoded in PUT requests) and should NEVER contain urn:com.ibm.rqm: <resource>: (internal ID).
Giang Pham selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Giang Pham commented Mar 28 '13, 2:10 p.m. | edited unknown

Thanks Hao for the response.  but look like I still have the problem with it.  I just wonder if I get the right id.  how do you get the ID.  Is the id the number that show next to the testcase name when I click on the testcase.  for example my test case name is "MYTEST".  When Click on the test case in RQM it show 8888:MYTEST on the top.  is 8888 the id that I need to use.

Thanks

Hao Wan commented Aug 08 '13, 3:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Giang,
the id should be urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:8888 in your case.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.