It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plan Type "Product Backlog" is defined in Process definition but not available, when creating a new plan

Roland Müller (315) | asked May 08 '14, 9:36 a.m.
I have created a Project Area with a formal Project Management Process Template.

In the Process Definition -> Configuration Data, there is defined the plan type "Product Backlog".
When I try to create aplan for the Backlog Iteration, I only get three plan types:
  • Release Plan
  • Iteration plan
  • Cross Project Plan
The Plan Type Product Backlog is missing - I am almost 100% sure that it wa there at the beginning of the Project Setup.

Does anyone know, if this is a misconfiguration or a bug?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered May 09 '14, 4:42 a.m.
From the document https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.apt.doc/topics/t_creating_an_iteration_plan_web.html :
You can create different types of plans for a project, depending on the template your project uses. For the Formal Project Management process, you can choose from the release plan and phase plan. For the Scrum process, you can choose from product backlog, release backlog, and sprint backlog. Both templates support creating a cross-project plan.

I also checked the process configuration of the Formal Project Management, and found the following piece of XML source:
                <plantype deprecated="true" icon="/icons/obj16/backlog_plan_obj.gif" id="com.ibm.team.apt.plantype.product.backlog" name="Product Backlog">
                    <planitems definition="com.ibm.team.apt.planitems.projectReleasePlan"/>
                    <planmodes default="com.ibm.team.apt.viewmodes.internal.productBacklog.ranking"/>
                    <scheduler definition="com.ibm.team.apt.scheduler.agileScheduler"/>
                </plantype>
So you can not create backlog plan in a project area using Formal Project Management template.
Roland Müller selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Lily Wang commented May 09 '14, 4:45 a.m.

There's " deprecated="true" " defined in the plan type of Product Backlog.

Lily Wang commented May 09 '14, 4:46 a.m.

There's " deprecated="true" " defined in the plan type of Product Backlog.

Roland Müller commented May 09 '14, 5:18 a.m.

Thank you for this answer - I checked also this file before but I failed to see the deprecated attribute. - this explains the situation for me.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.