It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

checkin is stuck "waiting for recomputig pending changes"

James Monschke (835) | asked May 02 '14, 10:30 p.m.
Our organization recently migrated from Perforce to RTC with the 4.0.3 eclipse client (with little training) and a number of developers (who may frequently be working remotely over VPN connections) are seeing issues like this when attempting to check-in changes.

We are trying to understand what is the cause of this problem and how can we remediate and/or prevent this problem from happening.

Any help is appreciated,
Ok, getting this trying to check in changes - just stuck at this for quite a while now, not changing:

[    I can't upload an image of the dialog due to inadequate reputation but to paraphrase (in < 1k words)
   Waiting for Recomputing pending changes
   -- Check-in (Blocked: Waiting for Recomputing pending changes)
       Checkin-in changes to new change set
  -- Refreshing changes
     Synchronizing all loaded components: Updating local changes for component XXXXX
  -- Recomputing pending changes (Blocked: the user o...ion is waiting for background work to complete.)
     Refreshing pending changes...: Refreshing '/Common'.
  -- Updating changes
     Reconciling component(s): Reconciling XXXXXX
]

I got something similar yesterday when trying to discard a changeset. Cancelled and tried again. Finally tried closing RTC  - got another progress dialog that hung for a long time. When I cancelled enough tasks to get it to close, then restarted, got errors and was told it needed to repair - which of course failed - and then the components for all four streams were left disconnected. Wasted several hours reloading everything again, now this.

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered May 06 '14, 1:57 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Do you see any users locally having similar issues? I wonder if it is a problem with the network going through VPN.
To start, you can check your CCM log to see if there are any errors, as well as have the user check their eclipse logs. Do they use SCM on the web (instead of eclipse)? Do they see similar problems there?
You can try to change your network connections from within eclipse client to ensure it is configured correctly. ie. Native prover will use local system's internet configuration, or perhaps adding proxy etc..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.