It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build toolkit on z/OS using 64 bit java

Alex Akilov (1211724) | asked Apr 22 '14, 1:54 p.m.
Hey guys,

I'm getting the following error when running a build on z/OS: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: RTCzMVSExec64 (Not found in java.library.path).  Don't recall a configuration step that required updating LIBPATH anywhere.  We have startbfa.sh configured with JAVA_HOME pointing to the 64 bit Java install dir and BLD_TOOKIT pointing to the <jazzInstall>/buildsystem//buildtoolkit  folder.

What are we missing?

Alex

2 answers

permanent link
Justin Spadea (661) | answered Apr 22 '14, 2:19 p.m.
 Hi Alex,

Check that you have the file librtczMVSExec64.so in your buildtoolkit directory, and that its permissions are set correctly ('chmod 755' plus 'extattr +p'). For more detail, see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21645497

-Justin

Comments
Alex Akilov commented Apr 22 '14, 4:59 p.m.

Justin,

Here are the permissions (i.e. no writes for group and other but not sure why those would be needed):
 -rwxr-xr-x  -ps-  1 OEDFLTU  UUCPG     106496 Aug  5  2013 libRTCzMVSExec64.so

Alex Akilov commented Apr 22 '14, 5:10 p.m. | edited Apr 22 '14, 5:22 p.m.

Looking in the EEBAW labs materials it does mention that the build user ID needs to have LIBPATH set to point to the buildtoolkit folder.  If so, seems the sample startbfa.sh that ships with the product should include something like:

export LIBPATH=${BLD_TOOLKIT};${LIBPATH} (or is it LD_LIBRARY_PATH instead of LIBPATH?)

Am I right?

permanent link
Bruce Green (30124) | answered Apr 23 '14, 8:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Alex - 

can you open a work item and attach your build log for us to take a closer look?  
Are there any ICH408I type RACF errors at the time you attempt the build?
Is this an SMP/E installed RTC toolkit and which release?

Bruce

Comments
Alex Akilov commented Apr 23 '14, 5:28 p.m.

Bruce, created Work item 313481.  Note that setting LIBPATH solved the issue (RACF wasn't the culprit).  We have 4.0.4 build toolkit installed (SMP/E).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.