It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LDAP user registry on RTC, duplicate user

Fons Maathuis (25215) | asked Jan 04 '18, 4:47 a.m.
edited Jan 04 '18, 7:01 a.m.

On RTC we've configured LDAP/SDBM i.o. to use the RACF-users on our z/OS MF. Setup was initially started using ADMIN as user, but after filling out the LDAP/SDBM screen I had to switch to my own (RACF) user. After completing the setup I restarted JTS, could logon with my userID as administrator. So far so good. 

But looking at the user-registry, I found out that there were two users with my name. One user has my RACF-userID as User ID (lets say ABCDEFG), the other one has this string as User ID:
racfid=ABCDEFG,profiletype=USER,racfdb=MVS1. Both users have all permissions and need a RTC license 

All other users do have their RACF-userID as User ID.

When I logon with ABCDEFG, initially the RACF-userID is used. But during the session it switches to racfid=ABCDEFG,profiletype=USER,racfdb=MVS1. I've tried to archive that user but then at a certain point, I get error messages concerning authorisation. 

I want to fix this obviously, because I don't want to waste licenses. 

We're using RTC 6.0.5 with DB2 v 11 on z/OS

Hope someone can help

regards

Fons

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.