It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

cannot get notification when I reset password for new user

samuel wang (321823) | asked Apr 21 '14, 2:50 p.m.
I only use Rational Team Concert - Developer,  but I am not able to get email notification when I reset password  for a new user, I got message from the admin console: "The password was reset. An e-mail containing the new password was sent to user1."
I was able to get it, but there was problem in my workspace, so I uninstalled it and re-insatll it again, after that, I am not able to get email.

Comments
Stephanie Bagot commented Apr 22 '14, 3:13 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are any emails going through? ie for work item creation etc?

One answer

permanent link
samuel wang (321823) | answered Apr 22 '14, 3:29 p.m.
I did not use work item, but created one just now, did not use template,  could not get email, I am the subscriber.

Comments
Stephanie Bagot commented Apr 22 '14, 3:52 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

OK - check if other users are getting emails. If they aren't it may be an issue with the configuration from JTS or your SMTP server.
If other users are getting emails, perhaps it is an issue with the way your email is configured.

Deleting and re-creating your workspace shouldn't affect emails though, so that may be a red herring as cause.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.