It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are mandatory fields missing from Defect Creation within RQM Test Scripts?

Wendy Murphy (1512633) | asked Apr 21 '14, 12:13 p.m.
edited Apr 21 '14, 6:23 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
I am running 4.0.6 CCM/RQM within a test script I have a create defect Icon. When I access this the defect presentation does not include custom or standard Mandatory fields. This inhibits a user from creating a defect directly from within RQM. I would imagine this is using the lightweight presentation and should understand the defect creation parameters for mandatory fields. Anyone know how to resolve this without simply disabling required fields on creation?

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Apr 21 '14, 3:07 p.m.

The presentations, to my knowledge, are largely static in what they present. It is possible to exclude attributes based on the "phase" of the work item (e.g. hide on create, hide if empty, hide in certain states ); but they cannot otherwise change their content.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Wendy Murphy (1512633) | answered Apr 21 '14, 3:09 p.m.
I actually found that unlike the web with CCM the RQM web uses the inline for its presentation rendering and CCM uses the Lightweight. A little inconsistent but I did get it to work.....
Geoffrey Clemm selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.