It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Run dependency between test suites.

Marcelo Braz (111) | asked May 10 '18, 1:04 p.m.

Is it possible to run test suites with dependency between them? For example, run a suite only if the previous one completes successfully.

One answer

permanent link
sreenath v (7863) | answered May 11 '18, 1:27 a.m.

Sure you can. While running test suite a window will open.

there is an option 

1.Schedule execution
2Run this suite in parallel
3.Pass execution variables between scripts (sequential mode only)
4.Stop suite execution if any test case does not pass
5.Update test suite steps to include a valid script if one is needed
6.Create a result without executing:
7.Modify execution variable values

Comments
Timo Reiss commented May 11 '18, 2:36 a.m.

I think, this does not cover what Marcelo has been trying to ask.

The run options of the test suite only allow to halt a suite, if any test case of the suite fails. Cf. item 4 of the option enumeration that you quoted.

AFAIK it is not possible to define interdependencies between test suites, as their are no super-test suites, i.e., test suites of test suites, that would offer the same option to stop that suite of suites if a suite within fails.

The only thing that comes close to these kind of super test suites are execution schedules made up of multiple test suite execution records. However, also here, there is no option to stop the execution schedule if a single step fails.

Marcelo Braz commented May 11 '18, 2:43 p.m.

Thanks Timo, my need is exactly the one you mentioned, unfortunately I do not think there is such a possibility.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.