It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there an actual way in RAM to fully prevent assets with duplicate names?

Chris Ratcliffe (2633330) | asked Apr 17 '14, 1:38 p.m.
I know the Unique Asset Name workflow policy can be used to prevent state transitions of assets that have duplicate names.  However, users can still:

1. create an asset with a duplicate name
2. change the name, perform the state tranisiton, and then change the name back again to the duplicate name

I know number 1 is a product limitation, but number 2 seems strange.  There doesn't seem to be any way to enforce restriction when an asset is simply modified (as opposed to a state change).  Am I missing something?

One answer

permanent link
Lin Lu (3063) | answered Apr 17 '14, 9:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Chris,

RAM has no restriction on asset name till this moment. If asset has another version number, mostly user would not change the name, hence the new version asset could keep the old name.

Unique name policy is a extension for that needs. If you need set the policy trigger condition to asset save, once asset is update, the policy will launch.

Thanks.

Comments
Chris Ratcliffe commented Apr 18 '14, 9:17 a.m.

Thank you for the response Lin.  Could you please clarify what you mean by your last sentence:  "If you need set the policy trigger condition to asset save, once asset is update, the policy will launch".  I have setup my Unique Name policy to launch on Asset Save.  However, it says specifically that the only exit condition is the Publish action.  There doesn't seem to be anyway to indicate that it should trigger on a simple modify action.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.