It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm command works using buildforge but lscm doesn't

Joshua Widmer (5611) | asked Apr 15 '14, 1:48 p.m.
I have successfully used lscm commands in other setups for build forge.  While installing rtc on a new server only my scm commands work thru build forge.  lscm doesn't work thru build forge yet, lscm does work from the command line on the local box.  I am simply trying to execute the following commands lscm help and scm help.  Only lscm help works from the local command line only and not build forge command line.  I was told that IBM only supports lscm commands so using the scm commands thru build forge would not be an option.  If I use the lscm help command thru build forge I get the passed result with no returned results. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Apr 15 '14, 2:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You can use SCM command options through BF, its just a matter of managing the daemon process manually.  lscm implicitly uses the daemon, where scm would require the explicit management of the daemon.  So if you have a single command that won't be repeated and thus won't benefit from keeping the scm files loaded in memory, you can just use scm interchangeably with lscm.  If you are repeating commands and don't want to load up SCM every time then start the daemon with scm daemon start and scm daemon stop.

As far as why lscm doesn't print anything in BF, are you sure you are routing all the output correctly?  There shouldn't be any difference in BF except that the lscm is a batch file, which could lead to some output weirdness.

~Spencer
Joshua Widmer selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.