It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why my change set didn't flow to target stream?

Kong Yi (345) | asked Apr 09 '14, 1:00 a.m.
1. I have Stream 1.0 and Stream 1.1 (Components in Stream 1.1 are both coming from Stream 1.0 ).
2. I add Stream 1.1 as the flow target for Stream 1.0
3. I delivered a change set from Stream 1.0

Expect:
change set can flow from Stream 1.0 to Stream 1.1. When I switch to workspace which is from Stream 1.1, I can see incoming changes (I expect it flows from Stream 1.0).

Actual :
when I switch to workspace from Stream 1.1, I didn't see any incoming changes

Does anyone know what this happen?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 09 '14, 1:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Declaring Stream 1.1 as a flow target for Stream 1.0 doesn't cause all change sets to automatically flow from 1.0 to 1.1.  It just configures the Pending Changes view to allow you to flow those changes when you load Stream 1.0 into the Pending Changes view (by issuing the Deliver operation on Stream 1.0).   Only after you have performed that Deliver operation will those change sets appear as incoming changes to workspaces that have Stream 1.1 as their flow target.

Comments
Kong Yi commented Apr 09 '14, 1:38 a.m.

Yes, I did like that, I delivered a change set to Stream 1.0,  As we understand, this change set should be a incoming changes appears in Stream 1.1. when I open the workspace which associated with Stream 1.1, it should appears as incoming changes in pending view,

But actually, it didn't happen.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 09 '14, 2:58 a.m.

Yes, the change set is an incoming change to Stream 1.1, but is not an incoming change to a workspace associated with Stream 1.1 until you have explicitly delivered the change set from Stream 1.0 to Stream 1.1 (which it appears you have not yet done).  

Kong Yi commented Apr 09 '14, 3:27 a.m.

Does any other configuration will impact change set flow ?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 09 '14, 4:31 a.m.

The change set flow showed in the Pending Changes is completely determined by the state of the two configurations in a given flow, and is not affected by any other configuration.  One way to think about the Pending Changes view is that it is a very fast "compare" operation, between the pairs of configurations shown in the Pending Changes view.  And in addition to a fast compare, it is a "live" compare, where you can request that those changes "flow" ("accept" flows in one direction, and "deliver" flows in the other direction).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.