It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAM-Build Forge integration - policy to launch BF project fails with CRRAM0001E (Unexpected EOF)

Peter Moraza (481924) | asked Mar 17 '14, 10:35 p.m.
 Hi,

We are using com.ibm.ram.buildforge.policy.BuildGovernor class in RAM 7.5.1.2 to invoke a process on Build Forge, but we are unable to connect to Build Forge. All we see in the RAM log is the following:

CRRAM0001E  7362047 ERROR web com.ibm.ram.buildforge.policy.RAFWpolicy - Exception caught
java.io.IOException: Unexpected EOF
at com.buildforge.services.client.api.APIClientBuffer.fill(APIClientBuffer.java:121)
at com.buildforge.services.client.api.APIClientConnection.call(APIClientConnection.java:584)
at com.buildforge.services.client.api.APIClientConnection.setVersion(APIClientConnection.java:929)
at com.buildforge.services.client.api.APIClientConnection.<init>(APIClientConnection.java:262)
at com.buildforge.services.client.api.APIClientConnection.<init>(APIClientConnection.java:248)
at com.buildforge.services.client.api.APIClientConnection.<init>(APIClientConnection.java:240)
at com.buildforge.services.client.api.APIClientConnection.<init>(APIClientConnection.java:332)
at com.buildforge.services.client.api.APIClientConnection.<init>(APIClientConnection.java:310)
at com.ibm.ram.buildforge.policy.ProjectLauncher.getConnection(ProjectLauncher.java:206)
at com.ibm.ram.buildforge.policy.ProjectLauncher.getProject(ProjectLauncher.java:268)
at com.ibm.ram.buildforge.policy.ProjectLauncher.getEnv(ProjectLauncher.java:286)
at com.ibm.ram.buildforge.policy.ProjectLauncher.setEnvValue(ProjectLauncher.java:301)
at com.ibm.ram.buildforge.policy.RAFWpolicy.test(RAFWpolicy.java:77)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.lifecycle.AssetLifecycleManager.runAssetPolicies(AssetLifecycleManager.java:2690)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.lifecycle.AssetLifecycleManager.handleEventCycle(AssetLifecycleManager.java:1684)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.lifecycle.AssetLifecycleManager.handleEventCycle(AssetLifecycleManager.java:1654)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.lifecycle.AssetLifecycleManager.triggerStateChangeEvent(AssetLifecycleManager.java:1972)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.lifecycle.AssetLifecycleManager.handleEventCycle(AssetLifecycleManager.java:1734)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.lifecycle.AssetLifecycleManager.handleEventCycle(AssetLifecycleManager.java:1654)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.lifecycle.AssetLifecycleManager.handleEvent(AssetLifecycleManager.java:488)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.lifecycle.AssetLifecycleManager.triggerActionEvent(AssetLifecycleManager.java:2104)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.assets.AssetManager.assetAction(AssetManager.java:4882)

I see the following warning for the Build Forge deployment policy in the Lifecycle I'm using to invoke the connection to Build Forge, but am not sure how to handle this warning:

"This policy is currently not used in any exit conditions. Select a transition to configure conditions."

Any suggestions on what is going on and how to address would be appreciated greatly. Thanks!

Peter

2 answers

permanent link
Ryan Ruscett (1.0k413) | answered Mar 19 '14, 9:55 p.m.
An EOF would indicate a syntax error. Either a , } or likely ) has occurred somewhere that would cause a pre-mature end of file error to be generated.

I understand this is vague but a syntax triple check is what I would do. Thanks for posting!!

Comments
Peter Moraza commented Apr 04 '14, 12:25 p.m.

Hi Ryan,

I was not able to find a badly formatted file, but I am sure my lack of experience with RAM and Build Forge compound my problem. I will likely revisit my workflow and try to refine further.

Thanks!

permanent link
Peter Moraza (481924) | answered Jun 10 '14, 10:44 p.m.
Hi,

We had to associate our user-id and project with the access group "Build Engineer" and this resolved the exception. We are now able to invoke our BF project from RAM.

Peter

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.