It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we identify the client and browser users?

Gene DiCesare (145) | asked Apr 04 '14, 8:37 a.m.
The RTC counters provide us a count of client and broswer users by version. We are finding a number of them use very old clients or unsupported browsers. Is there a way to identify which users are using specific clients and browsers so we can ask them to upgrade? Username would be ideal.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Apr 04 '14, 8:43 a.m.

Well, you could set minimum version in the advanced properties to exclude say 3.x.  Then folks will find you ;-)  Otherwise, it's a task for mass communication of some sort.

Minimum client-compatibility version  in the Advanced Properties on RTC admin (just in case you're not familiar )

Lukas Steiger commented Apr 06 '14, 6:24 a.m.

As far as I know, there's no built-in functionality to detect browsers. What you could do is the following:

Customize your jazz login screen or the header of your jazz application
and execute a browser detection script like whichbrowser. But I think this does not worth the effort, unless you have thousands of users.

One answer

permanent link
Alex Fitzpatrick (5583716) | answered Apr 07 '14, 10:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Unfortunately the code that captures client version and browser metrics does not have the user context, so adding this capability would be a non trivial task.

Since this has been a frequent question for our large customers adopting 4.x, I suggest you log an RFE.

Comments
Gene DiCesare commented Apr 07 '14, 12:36 p.m.

RFE Submitted - Thanks.

Alex Fitzpatrick commented Apr 07 '14, 2:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you link the RFE here Gene?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.