It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we identify the client and browser users?

Gene DiCesare (145) | asked Apr 04 '14, 8:37 a.m.
The RTC counters provide us a count of client and broswer users by version. We are finding a number of them use very old clients or unsupported browsers. Is there a way to identify which users are using specific clients and browsers so we can ask them to upgrade? Username would be ideal.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Apr 04 '14, 8:43 a.m.

Well, you could set minimum version in the advanced properties to exclude say 3.x.  Then folks will find you ;-)  Otherwise, it's a task for mass communication of some sort.

Minimum client-compatibility version  in the Advanced Properties on RTC admin (just in case you're not familiar )

Lukas Steiger commented Apr 06 '14, 6:24 a.m.

As far as I know, there's no built-in functionality to detect browsers. What you could do is the following:

Customize your jazz login screen or the header of your jazz application
and execute a browser detection script like whichbrowser. But I think this does not worth the effort, unless you have thousands of users.

One answer

permanent link
Alex Fitzpatrick (5583816) | answered Apr 07 '14, 10:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Unfortunately the code that captures client version and browser metrics does not have the user context, so adding this capability would be a non trivial task.

Since this has been a frequent question for our large customers adopting 4.x, I suggest you log an RFE.

Comments
Gene DiCesare commented Apr 07 '14, 12:36 p.m.

RFE Submitted - Thanks.

Alex Fitzpatrick commented Apr 07 '14, 2:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you link the RFE here Gene?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.