It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mapping File for RQM Data Import

Marita Mayerhofer (878) | asked Apr 01 '14, 12:01 p.m.

Hi,

I am changing the mapping files to be able upload all the fields that I would need through the RQM Data Importer from Excel to the Rational Quality Manager Version 4.0.0.1. I have the following questions:

1. Is there a maximum amount of testsuite.category terms that I can create?

2. Is there a limit of how many characters a testsuite.category can import?

3. When uploading, everything displays except of the priority. Right now it looks like this: testsuite.priority=G, where G is the column where the values High, Low or Medium are stored. Why is this information not uploaded?

4. Moreover, I was wondering whether it is possible to create TSER automatically when uploading a suite.

5. Is there a possibility to connect the suite to a test plan through uploading certain information. If so, what would be needed in the mapping and the excel file.

6. I have read that it is possible to connect cases to requirements that are within RRC. What information is needed in the Excel? The requirement ID? How to connect several requirements to one case? Can all information be in one Excel field? How does the mapping fiele need to look like? I saw the following line: testcase.requirement=LinkExisting(Cell). Is that correct?

Am happy for any help even if you can only answer one or two questions. Thank you in advance :)

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 01 '14, 7:52 p.m.
Let  me try to answers some of your questions.

3. If I use GET method to retrieve testcase or testsuite XML, I notice that priority is using literal string like:
literal.priority.130(High), literal.priority.120(Medium), literal.priority.110(Low), you may want to try using this
to G Column and try again
4. I don't think creating TSER when uploading a suite is possible currently
5. Yes, you can create a testplan and suites and link them together. From the samples(when installing ExcelImporter, you will have samples under your installed dir), you can see testplan+testcase sample as well as testsuite and testcase sample, you can refer to them and get the config file and xls to test with. For example, I modify TestPlan with TestCases 001.cfg for TestPlan with TestSuite as below:
testplan.dc:title=C1
testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.planBusinessObjectives","RQM-KEY-TP-BUSS-OBJ-TITLE")=C2
testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.process.web.entryCriteria","RQM-KEY-PROC-ENTRY-CRITERIA-TITLE")=C3
testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.process.web.exitCriteria","RQM-KEY-PROC-EXIT-CRITERIA-TITLE")=C4
testsuite.XLSStartRow=7
testsuite.dc:title=B
testsuite.dc:description=E
testplan.XLSLink=testsuite

And use the same TestPlan with TestCases 001.xls, I am able to create one testplan with multiple testsuite and link them. you may want to play with them and modify the file to meet your needs.

6. Basically you can find most requirements related info in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter
Refer to sample config files for some ideas on how it should be like:
TestPlan Requirement Collection Test Case and Requirements.cfg
TestPlan with TestCases 001 linked to requirement 001.cfg

I am not sure what version of ExcelImporter you are using. If you are not using v4.0.6, please use it as it should work with your RQM 4001. Some features of requirements related should be in later version only.

Hopefully these help to some degrees.

Comments
Marita Mayerhofer commented Apr 07 '14, 4:25 p.m.

Hi Don Yang,

to 3) your help with the priority works super. Thank you very much for that :).

to 4) do you know whether it is possible to create TSER for several Test Suites at the same time then? It feels like a lot of work when you need to create them for each suite seperatly

to 5) this sound more like you are creating test plans and scenarios at the same time. In my case, I already have the test plans and while uploading the suites I would like to link them to a test plan through anything like LinkExisting.

Thank you for your quick response. I really appreciated this :).

Don Yang commented Apr 07 '14, 6:38 p.m.

3) good to know priority works for you.
4) I am not aware of creating batch TSER in any way. I did not see any enhancement request either. You may want to raise one or confirm in a separate post for it
5) Yes, the sample is to create a new testplan with test suites and link them.
if you want to link test suite with the existing test plan, you are right that you need to use
LinkExisting() modifier. According to exporter wiki, it says:
LinkExisting() modifier -  indicates a reference to the master test artifacts, content is the external/internal id or the excel cell/column that stores the external/internal id of the master artifact on RQM server.
So you can create new test suites following the sample provided in the previous post and then using something like:
testsuite.testplan=LinkExisting("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testplan:1")

Please note that '1' is the existing Test Plan ID shown in RQM which has to be
changed to match your environment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.