It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

some question about assign licenses to users

jia tao (51153) | asked Mar 31 '09, 5:48 a.m.
I deployed my jazz server successfully and authenticated my users by ldap server.

I find that all users should be imported to my jazz server (by using the "Active Users" function) .

and I must assigne the Client Access License (Contributor or Developer) to everyone.

Is there any way that I do not import my Jazz users and assigne the Licenses to them?

I hope all users in the group JazzUsers have the permission to create a work item at least.

:roll:

2 answers

permanent link
Susan Wu (4712016) | answered Mar 31 '09, 10:33 a.m.
I deployed my jazz server successfully and authenticated my users by ldap server.

I find that all users should be imported to my jazz server (by using the "Active Users" function) .

and I must assigne the Client Access License (Contributor or Developer) to everyone.

Is there any way that I do not import my Jazz users and assigne the Licenses to them?

I hope all users in the group JazzUsers have the permission to create a work item at least.

:roll:

Hello,

Users need to be imported to Jazz, so that they can be given with proper access to Jazz repository, depends on the Jazz groups they are assigned to. They also need to be imported so you can assign CAL to them. You do not need to import them manually though, as the LDAP nightly synch task runs at 1:00 AM by default will import them all at once, given that the group mapping are configured properly from the Jazz setup page.

Susan

permanent link
jia tao (51153) | answered Mar 31 '09, 9:41 p.m.
thanks a lot!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.