It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Client side JavaScript not found after deployment

Guenther Jornitz (5410) | asked Jan 21 '18, 5:20 a.m.

Hi, I'm creating a customized iWidget (Birt report), where I want to provide a button to hide/show specific information.
Based on some examples I used an HTML element (<INPUT Type="BUTTON" id="ordernumberbtn" Value="-" onClick='hidecol("ordernumberbtn", 1 )'></INPUT>) and provided a client side JavaScript function "hidecol" in a separate HTML text element via (<script>function hidecol(a,b) { window.alert("hello!");} </script>) defined prior to the input element.
In the Birt designer everything is working, but after deployment into RTC if I click on the button in the iWidget, nothing happens. Looking into the Browser console I see the following error: "ReferenceError: hidecol is not defined".
Any tips how one can make this work?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jan 21 '18, 8:03 p.m.

Where exactly is the function hidecol() defined?

Ahmed Omair commented Jan 29 '19, 6:52 a.m. | edited Feb 12 '19, 12:36 a.m.

Hi there. Need solution for this. I got the same problem. I have defined the function in clientScripts clientInitialize method

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 12 '19, 2:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't see how this would be the correct forum to help with BIRT and Java Specific content. I would suggest you find a more appropriate forum. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.