It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plugin RM Browser

Paula Rezende (346) | asked Mar 20 '14, 10:03 a.m.
 Hi! 

I'm using RTC in sandbox but to the graphics needs install the plugin "RM browser". The error below is displayed, even after reinstalling. 

(Windows 7 professional, 64 bits, Service Pack 1, Internet Explorer 11) 

Imagem inline 1

Thank you in advance.

Paula.

Comments
Erica Tran commented Mar 20 '14, 1:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Was there supposed to be an image inserted with the error message?  It didn't come through.

Paula Rezende commented Mar 20 '14, 1:35 p.m.

Sorry, file uploading requires reputation > 60. 

The error mensage is: "The editor could not be started because the Runtime Environment Complement Browser is not available. This can happen if the install mode Complement Browser has not been completed successfully or if the installation directory has been corrupted. Uninstall the plugin Complement Browser, restart the browser and then try to edit the resource again to reinstall the plug-in. If the problem persists, contact IBM Software Support."

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Mar 21 '14, 12:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Paula, 

The first thing I would do is use a supported browser.  IE11 is not supported in the latest releases.  I would also test another supported browser like Firefox.

System Requirements for Collaborative Lifecycle Management 4.0.5 and 4.0.6

Here is a troubleshooting guide on things to check for.  When I tried installing, IE kept blocking the pop ups so it needed to be disabled.  There should be a pop up that shows the download and a following command window where you can see files being extracted. 

RM Browser Add-On Installation, FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide

I hope this helps.

Paula Rezende selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Erica Tran commented Mar 21 '14, 4:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Paula,

Good to hear.  Please mark the answer as accepted if this resolved your issue.

Thanks.

One other answer

permanent link
Paula Rezende (346) | answered Mar 21 '14, 4:28 p.m.
Hi Erica,

Thank you for the informations. I managed successfully to install the plugin now!

Thank you so much!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.