It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are query items in report studio missing?

Erwin Kunz (94686986) | asked Mar 18 '14, 4:54 a.m.
edited Mar 19 '14, 9:46 a.m.

Why are query Items belonging to a level in a hierarchy missing in the "insertable object pane", report studio?

In Framework Manager
those query items have the usage type "Attribute" and type "Character". In Data Manager those query items are marked as "Caption" in the hierarchy.

In the DB the following Dimension Table exists, it’s based on the dimension built in Data Manager:

Using:
Rational Insight 1.1.1
Framework Manager / Data Manager 10.2.1
DB2 Version 9

Comments
Francesco Chiossi commented Mar 18 '14, 5:10 a.m. | edited Mar 18 '14, 5:11 a.m.

Hello Erwin,

could you maybe provide an example, to clarify your question?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Erwin Kunz commented Mar 19 '14, 9:47 a.m. | edited Mar 19 '14, 9:48 a.m.

Hi Francesco

Than you for your post. I've updated my question with some pictures

erwin

Accepted answer

permanent link
Matthieu Leroux (6571614) | answered Mar 19 '14, 11:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 19 '14, 11:46 a.m.
Hi Erwin

Since I am not seeing the Hierarchy in the OOTB data model, I am assuming this is a custom change.

you should look in Framework manager for the Dimension map for the parent metrics, and then check the attributes and roles for the Hierarchy, like in the following example for Activity:

any attributes that have role like _buisinessKey or _memberCaption  is not displayed in Report Studio

I hope this helps.
Matthieu
Erwin Kunz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Erwin Kunz commented Mar 24 '14, 3:58 a.m.

Hello Matthieu

You are right, all measures with role “_memberCaption” are missing. Do you know the reason for it? How did you deal with it? Did you clear the role or added an identical query item?

In my case the query items with the role “_businessKey” have been displayed in the report.

Thank you for the answer!

Matthieu Leroux commented Mar 24 '14, 9:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Erwin,

there are 3 default roles: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cbi/v10r1m0/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.cognos.ug_fm.10.1.0.doc/ug_fm_id7354roles_relational.html#roles_relational

_memberCaption is one of them, it "presents the caption for a member that will be shown in the IBM Cognos studios. The _memberCaption role is necessary to leverage member functions and to enable dragging and dropping levels in the IBM Cognos studios."

Based on this I would say that you do not have to do anything, if you insert the dimension name, you will have the name displayed as for example:

so unless you find it a problem to have it as the caption you could also add it as a query item

I hope this helps.
Matthieu

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.