It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - BF integration - "unhappy" use cases

Martina Riedel (20323341) | asked Mar 17 '14, 4:48 p.m.
RTC 4.0.5
BF 7.1.2

I am doing some testing of the RTC - Build Forge integration and I had hoped that the "unhappy" use cases would be improved with the reworked integration, but it doesn't look like it.

here is what I am testing:

Build is running, abandon in RTC :
  - observed behavior: build keeps running in BF (unless it is in the JBE loading the workspace when it does end up failing in BF. This is the same as in RTC 3.0.1.x
 - desired behavior: build in BF gets canceled, logs are available in RTC

Build is running, cancel in BF:
  - observed behavior: build is removed from the RTC build results, no record of the build in RTC. same as in RTC 3.0.1
  - desired behavior: build is in RTC build results, logs are available in RTC

Am I missing something or were these cases never in scope for improvement?

Our developers have only RTC logons, no BF logons and we would like them to be able to see everything from RTC and not have to look at logs on the build server.
Also, when a build result gets removed, work items that were listed as included in the build won't be listed as included in any build when the JBE is used as they are accepted into the build workspace.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Mar 24 '14, 9:04 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For both testcases that is the expected behavior for now.  Also, I couldn't find a RFE for either behavior.  We can look at adding those features at a later time with an RFE.  For the second use case, our thinking was that if the build was canceled in BF then the build result would be undesirable in RTC since it was an incomplete/mistake build in BF.  But either use case I don't think there would be a technical obstacle to implementation.

~Spencer
Martina Riedel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Martina Riedel commented Mar 24 '14, 8:04 p.m.

Thanks I created RFE 46562 and Enhancement 309061

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.