It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use the RTC API for migrating code into RTC.

Sam Sultana (5611311) | asked Mar 26 '09, 12:03 p.m.
:?:
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get any information about the Rational Team Concert API? Inparticular any documentation and/or examples of how to use it?

The reason I ask is, I have an old, update of date, home-grown source code library system which contains some important legacy code which we would like to move to the SCM in RTC. There are a very large number of files and it would be handy if we could write a tool that could push code from our library system into RTC's SCM.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

regards,

Sam Sultana.

4 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 26 '09, 3:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
:?:
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get any information about the Rational Team Concert API? Inparticular any documentation and/or examples of how to use it?

The reason I ask is, I have an old, update of date, home-grown source code library system which contains some important legacy code which we would like to move to the SCM in RTC. There are a very large number of files and it would be handy if we could write a tool that could push code from our library system into RTC's SCM.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

regards,

Sam Sultana.

Hi Sam

There are definitely API's for accessing and delivering into the SCM part of RTC. Check out the Incubators section here:

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/1.0.1.1?p=allDownloads

for the Jazz Plain Java Client libraries.

You may also want to check the source for RTC that allows you to import SVN content for some ideas

anthony

permanent link
Adrian Cho (8213322) | answered Mar 26 '09, 11:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are definitely API's for accessing and delivering into the SCM part of RTC. Check out the Incubators section here:

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/1.0.1.1?p=allDownloads

Just so there's no confusion, we are planning to move out of the incubators and further up the page (under the different RTC editions) and relicense it as part of the product which means the license won't have a time limit like the current Early Release license does. We will be doing this for the past GA releases (1.0, 1.0.1 and 1.0.1.1) and also moving forward in the 2.0 stream. This change will likely happen tomorrow.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 27 '09, 1:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just so there's no confusion, we are planning to move out of the incubators and further up the page (under the different RTC editions) and relicense it as part of the product which means the license won't have a time limit like the current Early Release license does. We will be doing this for the past GA releases (1.0, 1.0.1 and 1.0.1.1) and also moving forward in the 2.0 stream. This change will likely happen tomorrow.

That's excellent news. We have been using the API's here and are finding them very useful. Making them part of the standard release is even better - thxs.

anthony

permanent link
Sam Sultana (5611311) | answered Apr 07 '09, 6:37 a.m.
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you but have been working with a customer on another project.

Many thanks for the info/pointers, I have downloaded the Java Client Libraries and the Jazz/RTC 1.0.1 source code, which has given me a great deal to think about.

That's excellent news. We have been using the API's here and are finding them very useful. Making them part of the standard release is even better - thxs.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.