It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can a ReqIF Spec-Object ID be located using the numeric RRC Requirement Artifact ID?

James Reaves (813) | asked Mar 01 '14, 4:40 p.m.
I have exported several RRC requirements to a ReqIF file. I would like to use MSXML6.0 to modify the Requirement SPEC-OBJECT but cannot find a way to associate the 36 character SPEC-OBJECT Identifier (i.e. "_3ffc41be-2254-403c-bf7a-4fc1b1bbc08") with the numeric ID that RRC generates for each artifact (i.e. 82438). In order to update the XML for a round-trip RRC Requirement attribute update, I need to be able to locate the XML SPEC-OBJECT with only the unique identifier of the RRC Requirement ID. Has anyone been able to figure out a way to relate the numeric ID with the SPEC-OBJECT ID? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar (7225) | answered Mar 05 '14, 12:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Once you export to ReqIF, the resources URLs will no longer help you, that is the location and id on each specific server.
ReqIF uses UUID to identify the SpecObjects within the file, once they get imported into a server, an RRC URL will be created to identify the artifact.
James Reaves selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
James Reaves commented Mar 05 '14, 1:00 p.m. | edited Mar 05 '14, 1:04 p.m.

I was coming around to the same conclusion. A specific server maps the SPEC-OBJECT identifiers to its on internal representation in a local database. The only solution left is that some attribute [Text, Integer] in the XML data is unique enough to be able to locate the assigned RRC ID on each specific server instance.

Thanks.

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 05 '14, 3:21 a.m.
I think you are out of luck here. The SPEC-OBJECT identifier is not tied to the (human readable) numeric RRC Requirement ID, but rather the other UUID that you will have a hard time to remember. The UUID in the ReqIF file is the standard one and the one in RRC Web client is probably Base-62 (to make it URL friendly?).
If you are considering a round-trip update, why not just import the modified ReqIF file? As long as you don't touch any of the identifier (UUID) in the file, the artifacts in the ReqIF file will get updated.

Comments
James Reaves commented Mar 05 '14, 9:16 a.m.

I am able to do a round-trip update by modifying the RecIF file. The problem is that the user community uses the numeric RRC IDs to request changes to the Artifacts and Attributes in the ReqIF file. A Cognos report can be generated that displays the External ID "f027c00496c763d971fe55a667eef2b1", The requirement Name "View Group Prior Benefit Package - CSP",  External Key 1 "82610" (This is the normal numeric RRC ID), and the External Key 2 "_t_n1G0aVEeO_88aYXvFvZQ". The External Key 2 is the same as the Key in the URL https://svhvms006.bcbsnc.com:9443/rm/resources/_t_n1G0aVEeO_88aYXvFvZQ. I can't find any of these Key IDs in the ReqIf file. Is there any way to use the Cognos report to relate them? Currently I try to match the Requirement Name with the XHTML Name value in the ReqIF XML to find the correct SPEC-BJECT to update. The issue with the Name is to insure that it is always unique - not easy.

Any additional insight would be appreciated on being able to use a Cognos report to match the SPEC-OBJECT with the numeric RRC ID.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.