It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Choosing multiple Access Groups in the Restricted Access attribute

Peter Asp (1235) | asked Feb 21 '14, 10:33 a.m.
I have 5 teams in RTC under the same project. These teams are connected to 5 categories with the same names. For the category / team combination I have enabled both "Restrict Category Visibility" and "Restrict Work Item Visibility" to keep the Work Items isolated to the teams as they are confidential to the respective team (different companies). 
I have also setup each team as a separate Access Group.
I'd now like to accomplish the following: 
A user on the project level is creating e.g. a Implementation Request that addresses 3 of the 5 teams (companies). Sometimes it could be 2 out of 5, 4 out of 5, and so on.

This Work Items should be invisible to the other teams. Using the Restricted Access attribute I can only choose one Access Group (one team in my case) but not multiple access groups when the WI is created.

It seems I have to create a whole lot of access group combinations for the teams to get the right one at any given time. I wonder if there is another way to do this or if it's actually possible to choose multiple access groups somehow.

Does my question make any sense?
Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Feb 24 '14, 9:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Peter,

should address your request.

Thanks,
Eric
Peter Asp selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.