It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM manual test, how put literal variables where the user can type it in during execution?

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013130258) | asked May 22 '15, 2:47 p.m.
 Hello, 
I want to add execution variables without pre-loaded values, so no test data and not execution variables works for me on the version 5.0.2 because require pre-load values on these variables, but on my case some variables are giving during the test due to the type of system. 
so is there any way to change the way where the tester can going typing these values of the variables through manual test?
thank you

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered May 24 '15, 7:53 p.m.
edited May 24 '15, 7:53 p.m.
You can create execution variable and set it as [Create Set Execution Variable Step] to manual script to set the value(or update the value) during run-time. Although you will need to have a dummy value when creating the variable, it will prompt the user to review and change the value if it needs to be changed. You can set the value as " " or something like " input a real value here" so that the user can input the real value instead when running the script. This should be the closest way to achieve what you want(I guess you may want the prompt to have an empty value of variable during execution but it is not possible for RQM manual script). More details here:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.0/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_using_exec_var.html?lang=en

Hopefully this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.