It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading from RTC 1.0 to RTC 1.0.1.1 using Installation Mgr

Rob Logie (33825041) | asked Mar 18 '09, 11:52 p.m.
Hi,
I am trying to upgrade a server (Windozes/DB2) from RTC 1.0 to RTC 1.0.1.1 using installation manager. I noticed the warning that you need to manually backup and restore some configuration files. Also, that IM will backup some for you.
I tried doing the upgrade and restoring the conf directory from the IM backup, however all my projects and user IDs have now disappeared from RTC. I guess this means I have missed some of the files I need to backup and restore.

So, exactly which files to I need to backup and restore into the teamserver directory when I am upgrading with Installation Manager ?

Thanks

Rob L

(BTW, I do think this detail needs to be included in the upgrade documentation )

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 19 '09, 5:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I am trying to upgrade a server (Windozes/DB2) from RTC 1.0 to RTC 1.0.1.1 using installation manager. I noticed the warning that you need to manually backup and restore some configuration files. Also, that IM will backup some for you.
I tried doing the upgrade and restoring the conf directory from the IM backup, however all my projects and user IDs have now disappeared from RTC. I guess this means I have missed some of the files I need to backup and restore.

So, exactly which files to I need to backup and restore into the teamserver directory when I am upgrading with Installation Manager ?

Thanks

Rob L

(BTW, I do think this detail needs to be included in the upgrade documentation )

Hi Rob

Which app server are you using, and are you using LDAP? I did a 1.0.1 upgrade to 1.0.1.1 - and the IM added the word "backup" to all the file names and directories it touched. I am using tomcat + DB2 and local authentication (no LDAP). If you are doing the same, your user id's may have gone because you have a new tomcat-users.xml (check the backup, it should have all the users you expect), and you are probably pointing to an empty Derby repository (restore the config files to point back to DB2). Apologies, I don't have a list of the backed-up files as I trashed the new versions and renamed the backups.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.