It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to query and set a workitem rank programmatically?

EclipseTalk . (32736161) | asked Feb 13 '14, 12:14 p.m.
edited Feb 13 '14, 12:34 p.m.
 Hello,
Is it possible to set the ranking of a Workitem based on the ranking of another Workitem via API?
Can I set the value of the item attribute: com.ibm.team.apt.attribute.planitem.priority?
Is it the way to set up a ranking programmatically?
Thanks in advance

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Feb 17 '14, 6:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, as far as I am aware the ranking is something that is done in the Plan API. Ranking is also local to plans/plan views, as far as I am aware. There is no API for planning that I am aware of. So I think this is probably not possible.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 17 '14, 7:54 a.m.
As Ralph says, the Plan API is not documented. it is in the com.ibm.team.apt. (client/common) jar files.
how the plan view data is stored between invocations is not documented.

as I understand it rank is calculated, but i have seen the same values on two different invocations of the plan view,
(over different days)
so maybe it IS stored someplace.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 17 '14, 7:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

From discussions with development, the data like ranking and schedule are stored in the plan (e.g. snapshots), or in the plan views.

sam detweiler commented Feb 17 '14, 8:00 a.m.

I agree, but again, not documented for general consumption/access, as the plan stuff is still being cooked.. (ie, changing)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.